It’s Friday night, and I’m sitting here wondering how another
day week flew by so quickly.
Honestly, I procrastinated, and that’s why this post is late.
Well, actually. I prioritized my life, and blogging got the boot.
I don’t regret staying up late last night watching a Christmas movie with my kids,
or eating a leisurely breakfast this morning (thank you for the gluten-free blueberry muffins, Julie),
or organizing my bathroom closet (thank you, Jeremy, for the new shelves!),
or putting fresh sheets on the boys’ beds,
or taking my eight-year old daughter on her “Christmas date” this afternoon.
My day, my week, my life is always full, and sometimes there’s just not a lot left over for screen time.
So, yes, it’s ten o’clock on Friday night and I’m just now sitting down to plunk on my laptop with a quiet house all around me.
And that’s why I love these “weekend reads” posts so much. I just sit down and write about a lot of nothing, throw in a few pics of my week, and then share some of the uplifting posts I’ve read from the amazing ladies who inspire me in this journey called Life.
I hope you’ll take a few minutes out of your busy weekend to just unwind, put your feet up, and take in the encouragement and inspiring ideas from these posts. These really are the “cream of the crop” for me right now.
I hope you’re as encouraged and inspired by these reads as I am!
My, oh my! I definitely related to this post by Denise over at PopSugar. I won’t say I have all 13 of these habits down, but #’s 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13 sure nailed it for me. Wow.
*5 ways you are unknowingly destroying your husband and killing your marriage, by Katelyn @ FamilyShare.
I won’t tell you how many of these “habits” I plead guilty to. Ouch. Very convicting!
*Choosing to Pursue, by Sally Clarkson
This lady always speaks to me! I loved this post. It encouraged me to be very intentional about the friendships God has blessed me with in this season of life.
*Toxins in Candles: Sad, but True, by Stephanie @ Keeper of the Home
Everyone of us needs this reminder, especially since winter time is prime candle-burning-season. Be informed! Then go shop for some soy or beeswax candles. 🙂
*Keeping the Holidays Meaningful Within Your Means, by Erin @ The Humbled Homemaker
I’m featuring this post as my TOP READ this weekend because it’s transformed our Christmas budget this year.
I considered writing an entire post about Erin’s “Want, Need, and Something to Foster Their Spiritual Life” gift model, but a “favorite read” feature is going to have to suffice!
Our five children are each getting three Christmas gifts from my husband and I this year (plus a stocking of small goodies, and way too many presents from grandparents!). Erin’s inspiring idea is our model.
I LOVE this article and hope you’ll read it!
A few extras I thought I’d mention before I wrap things up for this weekend:
- Don’t forget to enter the Christmas giveaway from Truly’s Natural Deodorant! Truly’s is giving away a full-size container of the world’s best deodorant (in my humble opinion). You can enter right here.
- If you need a great stocking stuffer or gift for the girls in your life, check out Darleen’s promo for new Lilla Rose customers. Buy three products, and get one FREE! Get the details here.
- Get free shipping on in-stock orders of at least $50 from Joyfully Sewn Designs, now through December 17. Use promo code HOLIDAYSHIP at checkout.
- Download this free Christmas Carol Copywork printable from Frugal Homeschool Family, or grab our Christmas Printables for Kids packet for just $.99!
- Enjoy FREE SHIPPING from Deborah & Co., December 12 & 13 only! Use promo code DECSHIPFREE at checkout.
What are you up to this weekend?
Are you ready for Christmas?