My cottage is strangely quiet.Â
Jeremy has our children (yes, all five of them!) with him at the church for a few hours (I’m writing this on Thursday evening), just so I can regroup and work on a few projects.
Did I ever tell you how much I love that man? Â
OutsideÂ my second-story bedroom window, a steady, light patter of rain is gently falling.
A bar of dark chocolate and a cup of coffee are calling my name.
Ah. Â Quiet.
Just what my soul needs after the hubbub of another busy week of homeschooling!Â
Sometimes, I wish every day wasÂ a quiet afternoon…
The reality is, life is busy, noisy, and messy. Â In a beautiful, chaotic way that sometimes feels more stressful thanÂ blessful (I know, I just made up that word). Â 😉
My hope is that sometime today, and certainly before the weekend is over, you’ll cultivate a quiet, beautiful place in your life for something you enjoy and cherish.
Quality time with someone you love?
A quilt and a favorite book? (Yes, I’m still reading this one.)
What makes you feel refreshed and alive again?
While you’re enjoying your weekend, I hope you’ll take a peek at my favorite reads so far in February.
These are worth saving, so be sure to head over and follow my Favorite Reads board on Pinterest if you need to refer back to them!
Have a very blessed weekend, sweet friends.
- 21 Lost Lady Traditions That Still Apply Today @ She is More.Â
“A lady is not boring, rude or dismissive.” Â Probably my favorite read of the week! Â I LOVE this post by Kristen Dalton Wolfe.
- One Dirty Reason Your House is a Mess @ Club 31 Women.
Wow, some strong words here for the messies in our midst! Â I’m not a messy, although sometimes my house would tell you otherwise. Â *wink* This post is good food for thought, especially if you battle being a Passive Polly about your housework.
- Using Essential Oils and Onions for Ear PainÂ @ Jill’s Home Remedies.
A fantastic and practical tutorial from my friend, Jill. Â As a mom whose kids have suffered with many earaches, let me tell ya this helpful post is a keeper!
- January Goal Update @ Feminine Adventures
This is a fun and honest peek at Anna’s goals, and how she’s working toward reaching them. Â A great inspiration for staying on track with those elusive “New Year’s” goals now that January has come and gone!
- Fitness & Nutrition Coaching @ Whole Intentions
And speaking of goals for the New Year, was getting into shape and eating better one of yours? Â Paula has a GREAT coaching and support group opportunity going on right now. Â I’ve followed Paula’s blog for several years now, and she’s a pretty amazing lady!
- Handling Childhood Crushes With Wisdom, Grace & Gentleness @ Smithspirations
Do you know how happy I am that Kristen tackled this topic? Â Such a great article. Â If you’re a parent, grandparent, aunt, or teacher, I hope you’ll read this!
- The awesome giveaway from Zellies.com! Â Enter to win a “Healthy Teeth” Gift Basket, valued at over $80, right here.Â
- You can still order your Lilla Rose gifts in time for Valentine’s Day. Â Place your order by Saturday, February 7, and get your products by the 14th. Â (Read the scoop on how to get a FREE Lilla Rose product here).
- Subscribe to this blog by email and receive a link to download our February Printables for KidsÂ packet absolutely FREE!Â My weekly blog newsletter is going out Friday afternoon at 2 p.m., CST, so watch for it in your inbox (or check the spam folder if you are subscribed and still can’t find it!).