Do you ever feel like you’re going CRAZY IN THE KITCHEN?
I sure do!
In fact, TODAY was a crazy day, and it just kept getting crazier!
By eight o’clock this morning, my two-year old had dumped TWO bowls of oatmeal…
which was of course on top of the crumbs and sticky tea stains from last night…
which, of course, I was too tired to clean up after a busy day of grocery shopping and cleaning and getting ready for the homeschool week…
Speaking of homeschooling, I de-boned chicken and made soup while “helping” my third-grader with her school work…
And of course the soup wasn’t QUITE done by lunch time…
which really didn’t matter, since I’d gone upstairs and fallen asleep while trying to get the two-year old down for a nap…
Sometimes, we Mama’s just need a break… or a good laugh!
Just to make you smile (and, hopefully, give you a few helpful inspirations!), here are my
10 Commandments of Sane Meal Preparation,
taken from our homeschool menu planning ebook.
1. Thou shalt use paper plates and paper cups and paper napkins.
2. Thou shalt honor thy time and plan ahead.
3. Thou shalt serve thy family left-overs without guilt.
4. Remember thy slow cooker and use it daily.
5. Thou shalt keep cooked chicken in they freezer at all times.
6. Thou shalt eat sandwiches and tacos every week.
7. Thou shalt not refuse thy husband’s offer to eat out.
8. Thou shalt not stress over crumbs on thy kitchen floor.
9. Thou shalt ignore the dishes in thy sink at least occasionally.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s kitchen.
How do YOU stay sane in the kitchen?
If you need healthy recipes, frugal shopping tips, and time-saving ideas for meal prep, check out our complete bundle of seasonal menu planning ebooks!