Hi, I'm Kristy, and I grew up in a preacher's home. Come to think of it, so did my mom and grandma.
At 19 years old, I met and fell in love with a preacher-boy, Jeremy, who was a senior at the Bible college where we were both attending. We married in 2002, and since 2004 we have served together in full time ministry. I'm not kidding when I say that our five kids have literally cut their teeth on the church pews!
There are unique blessings and one-of-a-kind struggles that come with ministry life.
Loneliness has been one of the deepest and most surprising struggles for me as a young pastor's wife. A few years ago, I decided to write a mini series for pastor's wives here at the blog. I was blown away by the response. I realized then that I was not alone in my struggles!
My heart is to encourage and connect with other preacher's wives, and to create a safe place for you to be understood and affirmed. That's what the "ministry" posts on this blog are all about.
I'm so glad you're here!
Please pull up a chair, pour a cup of tea, and browse my articles for pastor's wives below.
- 10 Things Every Young Pastor's Wife Should Know
- How to Find a Titus 2 Mentor
- An Open Letter to Young Pastors Wives
- What to do When You're a Mama and a Pastor's Wife
- You Don't Always Feel Like a Saint on Sunday
- Balancing Ministry & Homeschooling
- To the Young Pastor's Wife Who Can't Do It All
- 4 Grace-full Duties of a Pastor's Wife
- How to Be a Pastor's Wife
- A Perspective on Ministry
- When Ministry Rains on Your Parade