Today, we’re wrapping up a month of Natural Womanhood with a guest post from my lovely friend, Heather. I’m truly honored to have this busy pastor’s wife, homeschooling mother, blogger, and small business owner writing for us today!
There’s one thing my readers probably know about me by now, and that’s the fact that I do not blog about natural living.
I’m not against it in any way, but rather it’s something that has been very foreign to me until the last year or so. I’m intrigued by what I’m learning and hope to continue to grow in the knowledge of natural living.
With that being said, I feel very inadequate to guest post at Little NATURAL Cottage today, but will therefore take a different approach to writing about natural living. I will attempt to write on Motherhood and the things that come naturally to me… and the things that don’t.
Things about Motherhood that come naturally to me:
• I was very excited when we found out we were expecting both of our children.
•I loved these precious babies from the moment I learned of their presence.
• I cradled, sang to, rocked, fed, bathed, and smiled at the innocence I held in my arms.
• I prayed for their health, blessings, protection, and God’s will to be done in their lives.
• I got up with them in the middle of the night for feedings, even when they were every hour on the hour.
• I respond to my children’s needs and place them before my own.
• Being protective of my children and wanting to guard them from all forms of evil.
Things about Motherhood that don’t come so naturally to me:
• Keeping a good, cheerful, patient attitude at all times.
• Mending a child’s wound without first reprimanding the child for misbehaving.
• Always knowing my child’s heart and what he or she needs the most from me.
• Knowing how to provide well-balanced, healthy, meals.
• Knowing how to balance my time between my role as a Mother and my role as a Wife, a Friend, a blogger, and a small business owner.
While I don’t have all the answers when it comes to Motherhood, I’m so thankful for the grace and mercy of God, and that He continues to teach me and uses other women to teach me how to become a better mother.
Have you also found that there are areas of Motherhood that come more natural to you than other areas do?
Heather is a child of the King and in need of His abundant grace every day. She’s never found Him to give up on her, although she admits He should have a long time ago! Heather has been married to her best friend for 5 years. They have been blessed with 2 children so far that light up their lives daily. Heather joyfully supports her husband as he endeavors to pastor their first church. You can find her blogging at Raising Mighty Arrows as well as connect with her on Facebook and Twitter. In her spare time she enjoys making and selling handmade soaps for Vintage Handmade Soaps.
This post is linked at Woman Living Well, Encouraging One Another, The Better Mom, Titus 2sDays, Raising Homemakers.
Drop me a comment!
Share this post!