Welcome to week 6 of our Beautiful, Healthy You series! Today, I’m going to turn a corner and talk about some beauty and fashion tips for moms! You can follow my Healthy Mama and Chic and Modest Fashions for Young Moms Pinterest boards for more inspiring ideas and info!
Check out our past posts in this summer-long Beautiful, Healthy You series:
- Introducing Beautiful, Healthy You
- Embracing Womanhood, Rejecting the Lies
- Wacky Hormones, Natural Family Planning, & Fertility
- Are You a Control Freak?
- Treating Varicose Veins Naturally & Effectively
During each of my five pregnancies, I loved wearing maxi dresses.
I enjoy how feminine, modest, and comfortable they are!
Unfortunately, dresses are pretty much off limits for breastfeeding moms.
Well, that’s what I used to think!
These days, I’m still nursing our fourteen-month old son and wearing my beloved maxi dresses.
Enter the Half Tee!
I discovered Half Tee’s about two years ago. I quickly decided that I’d discovered a new favorite staple in my Mommy Wardrobe!
I snagged a few Half Tee’s during sales (I love the variety of colors and sleeve lengths), and slowly built a stash.
Throughout my last pregnancy, I wore Half Tee’s a lot. Since they’re a cropped cami, I didn’t have to worry about running out of room because of my growing tummy!
The really, really good news is that I just kept wearing my Half Tee’s after my baby’s birth.
Unlike most camis that get in the way during breastfeeding, Half Tee’s are wonderful for nursing moms! They make building a breastfeeding wardrobe completely hassle-free and versatile.
If you’re like me and love your maxi dresses, here are a few tips for wearing them while you breastfeed your baby:
- Always choose a dress style that features a wrap-front. Obviously, this gives you easy access for nursing.
- Stock up on at least two neutral colored Half Tee’s to get you started. I like the Boyfriend Half Tee and 3/4 Half Tee, but you can choose whatever sleeve-lenth and style suites your fancy.
- I like to layer with shrugs, cropped denim jackets, and scarves to add variety to my outfits. I don’t do belts as often, especially when my baby is really young since it makes nursing a little more of a hassle. I like to dress cute but practical as a mom!
Here are a few breastfeeding-friendly fashion ideas from my Chic and Modest Fashions for Moms Pinterest board–
(Just to clarify: the following photos are not mine; they feature models and outfits from various clothing companies.)
If you’re new to Half Tee, check out their website for a 20% off coupon for first time customers!