Hi there, ladies!
This isn’t going to be my usual Minister’s Wife Monday post… but then, this isn’t my usual Monday either. 🙂
We just wrapped up our fourth annual Titus2 Ladies Retreat at our church… and I’m kind of tired.
I also woke up at 4-something this morning to see my husband, dad, and two of my kids off on a fishing trip… and before you start thinking what a great wife and mom I must be, I didn’t actually MEAN to wake up. I’m just a light sleeper!
So, yes. Instead of going back to bed (like a sane person would do), I decided to open my laptop while the house is still quiet and I can enjoy my morning coffee and reading/writing time.
Because sometimes I love my quiet time even more than I love sleep!
But back to the post.
I’ve been thinking a lot about what it’s been like to spend my life as a member of the pastor’s family.
You see, my dad, who has been a pastor for nearly twenty-five years, preached at our church twice on Sunday. And sitting there in church yesterday, listening to my dad preach, brought back a lot of memories of my growing up years.
Growing up as a preacher’s kid has definitely affected how I roll as a pastor’s wife.
In many ways, it prepared and shaped me.
In other ways, it gave me some baggage.
Today, I’m not going to unpack all the ways ministry affects family life for the pastor’s family… you already know all about that! But I collected a few encouraging reads spoke directly to my heart as the wife of a preacher and the mom of preacher’s kids.
I’ll share a few favorite reads from other bloggers, and then a few that I’ve written here at the blog about ministry and home life.
These articles weren’t necessarily written by or for pastor’s wives, but they certainly spoke to me!
- How to Truly Encourage the Spiritual Life of Your Husband, by Lisa Jacobson
- How You Can Encourage Your Husband in Family Devotions, by Lisa Jacobson
- 21 Ways to Guard Your Marriage, by Jenn @ The Purposeful Mom
- The Importance of Showing Empathy to Kids, by Jodi @ Meaningful Mama
- Giving Your Kids Freedom to Fly, by Savoury Jacobson
- How to Make Your Home a Haven for Your Children, by Jenn @ The Purposeful Mom
- Choosing to Live by Grace, Not Perfection, by Sally Clarkson
- Keeping an Innocent Heart: Learning to Refresh Along the Way, by Sally Clarkson
A few posts I’ve written about life as a pastor’s wife and mom in ministry-
Are you a preacher’s wife?
Why don’t you introduce yourself? Leave me a comment and let me know you’re HERE!
Kristy Howard is a pastor’s wife, second-generation homeschooling mom of five, and a passionate believer in friendship, coffee, and quiet time! Kristy writes about motherhood, ministry and life at KristysCottage.com.